Please read the license information before copying the source code. The GNU v2 license requires, among others, any derivative work to be distributed as open-source.
The actual source code, along with resources and build tools, is stored in these repositories:
Shared code embedded as a Git submodule in the above repos
All operating systems should allow CMake building:
- Clone the repo to a local directory
- Init shared code:
git submodule initthen
git submodule update
- Make a
buildsubdirectory in the repo and cd into it:
- Configure the repo with CMake:
- Build it:
- The binaries will be written in
out/bindepending on the OS
Repo states to check out for guaranteed compile
On the Molflow repository, we use Git tags to mark commits that correspond to released versions. Check out these so they are guaranteed to build and run.
Tags for Molflow: https://gitlab.cern.ch/molflow_synrad/molflow/-/tags Tags for Synrad: https://gitlab.cern.ch/molflow_synrad/synrad/-/tags
Old release snapshots
for Synrad and older, 2.6.x Molflow versions only. For Molflow 2.7+, use the repo cloning above
To make sure that you start from one of the complete, ready-to-compile repo versions (usually corersponding to published Molflow versions), at each new version a snapshot is made of the repository. Downloading the latest snapshot makes sure that you won't run into build errors.
The snapshots are tested to work with Visual Studio 2017.
- Install Visual Studio Community 2017 with C++ development enabled in the installation options
- Download and extract one of the snapshots below
- Open molflow.sln or synrad.sln (versions 2.7+: molflow_win.sln in the Visual Studio folder)
- In Visual Studio, choose x64 as platform (until version until 2.6.72, the default was Win32 which will fail due to supplied dlls being 64-bit)
- You should be able to build the solution and run it
Git repo, including VS solution 2018-10-24 (Molflow 188.8.131.52)
Visual studio solution 2018-09-03 (Moflow 2.6.72, compatible Synrad coming soon)
Visual studio solution 2018-08-16 (Moflow 2.6.71, compatible Synrad coming soon)
Visual studio solution 2018-07-06 (Moflow 2.6.70, compatible Synrad coming soon)
Visual studio solution 2018-05-24 (Moflow 2.6.69 and Synrad 1.4.23)